[Fsfe-france] address@hidden: RE: Copyright and competition]

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Fsfe-france] address@hidden: RE: Copyright and competition]
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 18:10:53 +0200

Pour information:

--- Begin Message --- Subject: RE: Copyright and competition Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:31:57 -0400
Loic:

The IP Hearings focused primarily on the implications of antitrust and patent
law and policy for innovation and other aspects of consumer welfare. Copyright
issues were briefly considered in the context of software.  The link to section
of the FTC's website covering the IP Hearings is:
http://www.ftc.gov/opp/intellect/index.htm

Some of the public comments we received considered copyright issues.  These
comments can be found at:
http://www.ftc.gov/os/comments/intelpropertycomments/index.htm

Links to the transcript for the three sessions at which software and
internet-related businesses testifed are:
http://www.ftc.gov/opp/intellect/020227trans.pdf
http://www.ftc.gov/opp/intellect/020320trans.pdf
http://www.ftc.gov/opp/intellect/020409ftctrans.pdf

I hope this helps.