[Fsfe-france] Re: [Patents] Openforumeurope.org clarifies swpat position

From: Pascal Desroche
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Re: [Patents] Openforumeurope.org clarifies swpat position
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 23:40:58 +0200

// "Rui" == Rui Miguel Seabra écrit le 09 May 2003 17:50:05 +0000:

 > Hi,
 > Some more added confusion through clarification (catchy phrase, I got to
 > admit).

 > The important part is really this one: It is this respect that we are
 > supporting the positive revisions proposed in Arlene McCarthy's opinion
 > now being considered by the European Parliament for the granting of
 > patents.

 > Since McCarthy pushes for software patents, then it is a direct
 > conclusion that the Open Group defends software patents.

 > Rui

This one is also pretty fine :

"in particular they should not [patents] be used to prevent the
development of Open Source alternatives to proprietary products"

This sentence could sound a bit more clear without the 'not' word maybe;
Here are some of the backing members.

http://www.openforumeurope.org/information/about_ofe/
http://interforum.org/councilmembers/charter.php

Adobe