Re: [Fsfe-france] GPL v3

From: Alexandre Dulaunoy
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-france] GPL v3
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 11:12:26 +0200 (CEST)

On 18 Apr 2003, Antoine wrote:

> Salut,
>
> Dans un registre totalement différent, y a-t-il des infos sur
> la future GPL v3 ? Dans sa conférence dont l'adresse a été
> diffusée sur Linuxfr, Fred Couchet disait qu'elle sortirait
> cette année... Cette version pourrait semble-t-il préciser
> le cas des "Web services", ce qui m'intéresse fortement.

Oui la GPLv3 est en discussion depuis un paquet de temps ;-)

Concernant la partie  "Web Services", tu peux déjà  regarder la clause
complémentaire de l'Affero General  Public License. Cela risque d'ëtre
fort semblable...

http://fsffrance.org/news/article2002-03-27-01.fr.html

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

The Affero General Public License
    The  Affero General  Public License  is a  free  software license,
    copyleft, and  incompatible with the  GNU GPL. It consists  of the
    GNU GPL version  2, with one additional section  that Affero added
    with FSF approval. The  new section, 2(d), covers the distribution
    of   application  programs  through   web  services   or  computer
    networks. The Affero GPL is  incompatible with the GNU GPL version
    2 because of section 2(d); however, the section is written so that
    we can  make GNU GPL version  3 upward compatible  with the Affero
    GPL. That is why we gave our approval for Affero to modify the GNU
    GPL in this way.

hope this helps.

adulau

--