[Fsfe-france] Structure internationale de la FSF

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Structure internationale de la FSF
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:57:30 +0100

Il semble que ça échappe à pas mal de monde, et on est bien placé pour savoir à quel point :). Je suis tombé là dessus :

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=58713&cid=5614020

"I have a little trouble grokking FSF's international structure.

On FOSDEM, FSF Europe was present, as well as RMS. While the FSFE was doing its own campaign, RMS was handing "FSF Associate Membership Sign-up" cards, with all the numbers in dollars on it and the address in Boston.

While Free Software is an international thing, I'd like to see some kind of representation back from where the funds came. For instance, spending high $$ on fighting American law structures is just so-and-so relevant to me, as long as the Netherlands/ Europe have their own situation.

I think that if the FSF would be willing to accept international donations in general, it should also take some time to explain how it benefits people outside of America (or how it doesn't, I don't care if it advertises well, but I'd like to get the picture), and how a donation to the American "chapter" affects the FSF Europe or another local chapter.

OTOH, if the FSF wants Europeans to become a member of the FSF Europe instead, to better support that organisation and local issues, they should also make that clear."