Re: [Fsfe-france] Re: 01net Conference (December 20)

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-france] Re: 01net Conference (December 20)
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:55:04 -0500

Frederic Couchet <address@hidden> wrote:

>     Brad> I tend to agree with Loic.  Has Frederic already accepted
>     Brad> the invitation, though?  It might be bad press for the Free

> not yet. I'm waiting news from the organizer to discuss with him about
> the conference (title ...) and I must check with my professional
> planning.

I would say: only accept it if you feel you'll have enough time and
ability to make a good case for software freedom.  If you don't think
you'll be able to do that, it may be better to instead not be on the panel
but find another way to get our message across.

I should not that either way, it would be a very good idea to "stack" the
audience with people who support software freedom, and have them ask
leading questions in our favor.

>     Brad> As it stands now, this basically means that Frederic has the
>     Brad> pressure of fighting against a number of panelists who will
>     Brad> likely all be against him; Frederic will probably have no
>     Brad> ally on the panel.
>
> maybe, the IBM representative.

I suggest you try to meet with IBM representative before the panel, and
discuss it---at least to know where you stand with him/her.

   -- bkuhn