[Fsfe-france] Germany & Patents

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Germany & Patents
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 09:43:25 +0100

        Hi,

        Articles were published commenting on the recent official position
of the German government against patents.

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2826171,00.html?chkpt=zdhpnews01
        http://fr.news.yahoo.com/011121/35/2a0op.html
        http://www.vnunet.fr/actu/article.htm?numero=8803

        I was not able to find the exact text (is there an interview
somewhere ?). Also some comments worry me since they seem to imply that
the study on which the German government position is based recommends that
the "software patent process should be simplified".

        I'm a bit confused here, does someone have precise information on
this subject ?

        Cheers,

75019    Paris         T: 33 1 42 45 09 16          address@hidden