Re: [Fsfe-france] Re: remote management for GNU machines in europe, and

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-france] Re: remote management for GNU machines in europe, and DNS
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:56:57 +0200

Cyril Bouthors writes:
 > If you  are talking  about the 'powerboot'  hardware we are  using for
 > 'ecila' and 'chez', here are the informations you require :
 >
 > Loic Dachary writes:
 >  > What we need at present is the following:
 >  >
 >  >   - precise references of the devices
 >
 > PowerBoot5
 >
 > '5' means 5 plugs
 >
 >  >   - price
 >
 > ~2500FF ~= 380 Euros but I can be wrong
 >
 >  >   - vendor
 >
 > In France: Blackbox(.fr),  sorry I can't give you  a better URL, their
 > site don't have a search engine !
 >
 >  >   - short instructions on how to set it up
 >
 > Everything is in the 2 pages manual provided with the hardware (do not
 > consider this advice as 'RTFM' :).

        I found this (code SWI020A-R2).

http://catalog.blackbox.com/BlackBox/Templates/blackbox/itemgroup1015guest.asp?param=272&ig_id=1015&title=Pow%2DR%2DBoot+5&related=

        That solves the remote boot problem but we still have the
remote console proble. Or am I wrong ? Don't you use another device for this
purpose ?

        Also if you can lend me the two pages manual, I'll make a copy.

        Cheers,