[Fsfe-france] Re: fsf-global

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Re: fsf-global
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:24:19 -0600 (MDT)

            I would like to propose that a subdirectory is created in
    www.gnu.org to list all the GNU, FSF and Free Software organizations
    worldwide (www.gnu.org/global for instance).

That is a good idea, but I think we should subdivide it somewhat more.
We already have a page for GNU/Linux user groups, for instance.
It would be useful to keep that separate, and to keep FSF's in another
page, and so on.

Organizing by countries does not seem very useful.  Organizing by
continent would be more useful.  Having a long list of countries, and
saying nothing about most of them, would be silly.  It would also
imply that organizations should be limited to one country, and there
is no reason for that.