[Fsfe-france] Re: france.fsfeurope.org crashed

From: Joel N. Weber II
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Re: france.fsfeurope.org crashed
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 15:16:13 -0400

That is wierd.  It's not even responding to pings, and I don't really
understand why that would be.  Because unless you reboot it, the
kernel should be able to keep running no matter what you do.  And I
would have expected to see a broadcast via ``wall'' if you had
delibrately rebooted it, since I was logged in at the time.

I'm also inclined to wonder if it ran out of swap, except that in my
experience that doesn't tend inhibit response to pings.

           I apparently crashed france.fsfeurope.org. Too confident in the
   outcome of apt-get upgrade :-}

           I'll fix it tomorrow morning.

           Cheers,