[Fsfe-france] Re: Logo and FSFE chapter france

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Re: Logo and FSFE chapter france
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 23:49:53 +0200

David Mentre a écrit :

> BTW, a short question: what requirement will be needed to be part of
> FSFE, chapter france? (a small fee and/or having done some free software
> and/or evangelization?)

Well actually, there is no real requirement since the local chapters
have no ambition to grow out of the legal minimum number of people
necessary to found the organisation.

Volunteers may insted join associate organisations (like APRIL) if they
feel like they need to belong to some organisation linked directly to
the FSFE.

If you want to help but not necessarily need to enroll in some
association, you still can get involved in the various projects (by
creating an account on savannah), wrting material, contribution to the
web site, etc.

These elements are explained (in french) on
http://france.fsfeurope.org/about/organisation.fr.html

> While not having time to write software, I'm doing some presentations
> to explain free software and I would like to answer questions about
> FSFE and more specifically chapter france.

You mean answer questions of the people asking you at these
presentations ?

I think you may still go ahead explaining our movement's philosophy and
goals even if you're not involved.

Feel free to ask anyway, if things are not perfectly clear (and, btw,
help fill holes about that in the web site with the answers you get, for
instance... ;) ).

Regards,
--
Olivier BERGER - Secrétaire de l'association APRIL
APRIL (http://www.april.org) - Vive python (http://www.python.org)