[fsf-community-team] [Process Point] Acceptable Use Policy

From: Simon Bridge
Subject: [fsf-community-team] [Process Point] Acceptable Use Policy
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 17:13:39 +1300

I want to propose that this list adopt an "Acceptable Use Policy" based
on RFC1855 <http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html> similar to the one
recently adopted by the NZOSS list:
<http://nzoss.org.nz/nzoss-openchat-acceptable-use-policy>

Some aspects will not be needed here - we won't be advertising work
offers or accepting posts from non-members for example.

I'll be keeping discussion short - aiming to get something on the wiki
in 1-2 weeks.

On a related note: when posting, please be aware of the workflow
guidelines
<http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Workflow>
... I am currently accepting posts which fit the purpose of this list,
but there has been a tendency to neglect this simple bit of discipline.

It's not just a case of "use the right cover sheet" - the workflow is
intended to highlight particular types of contributions within what may
be a very crowded inbox.

Thank you.