[fsf-community-team] [HELP!] Apple iPad press work

From: Holmes Wilson
Subject: [fsf-community-team] [HELP!] Apple iPad press work
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:23:51 -0500

Hey everyone,

It would be awesome if people could help circulate news about iPad's dangerous DRM scheme on the popular sites writing about the iPad launch.

We had protesters on the scene at the event, and launched a petition against iPad DRM. A summary of our main points (which you can glean by reading the posts): it's a general purpose computer whose manufacturer (and its business partners) have total veto power over the applications you can run. This is not the direction that anybody sane wants to see computing take.

Protest images from today's event:
http://static.fsf.org/nosvn/apple/apple-live-1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nUtZK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ion9W.jpg

And our petition:

http://defectivebydesign.org/ipad

Blog posts: http://defectivebydesign.org/

Thanks... not sure if we'll want to be using the list for stuff like this all the time, but this seems like a pretty big deal, so I thought I'd ask the group to get involved. Should have sent this email four hours ago but I was pretty overloaded today :) !!!

-Holmes