[fsf-community-team] Hacker public radio podcast on free and open softwa

From: Chris Blazek
Subject: [fsf-community-team] Hacker public radio podcast on free and open software podcast
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 20:46:03 -0000

To All:

 Sorry I haven't sent an introduction yet,

I'm a software developer for a local hospital. Rarely do I get the chance to write free software used by others, but I do from time to time pass on work to other area hospitals to use.
I've been running different flavors of linux for roughly 15 years now and believe in the Freedom of software. I use it everyday at home and at work although I do run/use software that is not Free. I'm guilty, but I do use Free Software when possible.

I'm glad to be apart of this group and find it interesting that it's global!

Onto the real reason for my posting, I was listening to this podcast and a couple sentences the speaker made about 5 minutes into the podcast angered me: http://hackerpublicradio.org/eps/hpr0493.mp3
I wanted to make aware to the group so that maybe a collaborated message is sent to the authors of this podcast and maybe included in a future podcast to correct this author's views.

I know the misinterpreted definition of Free Software runs rampant, but this is a fairly popular podcast and should be addressed. I was going to email the author but figured it would be a better community effort than just an angry listener.

Many Thanks

Chris Blazek

--
http://www.kingbin.net/