Re: [fsf-community-team] Correcting Some Misinformation...

From: Simon Bridge
Subject: Re: [fsf-community-team] Correcting Some Misinformation...
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:22:37 -0000

The presence of corporate influences in free software development must
be ticklish to manage, particularly corporate interests with other,
non-freedom interests. There must be a sense of pressure sometimes to
soften the freedom part of the development philosophy, or revisit some
interpretations of it.

I do not envy the people who have that job.

Since this list is technically a training ground for advocates - and
that our opponents tend to seize on internal disputes and gossip for use
against us. Since people here are likely to end up on the front lines,
it is good that someone close to the facts is prepared to step forward
to help us understand what is going on.

We *must* discuss these things here - how else are we to know how to
respond when something like this is thrown at us out of left field?