Re: [fsf-community-team] What's in a name............

From: Danny Piccirillo
Subject: Re: [fsf-community-team] What's in a name............
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:35:31 -0500

I prefer the term Free Software, but i agree on this. Open source is clearer, although still inadequate, as i'm sure the FSF agrees. The problem with Free Software, is that in common speak, it refers to freeware. I see this as a big loss when it comes to new people doing a Google search find mixed reults... open source doesn't have that problem. I don't think this should be an open source vs free software debate, since both terms aren't perfect but rather a discussion on whether we can find a better term

Related post: http://blogs.fsfe.org/greve/?p=347