Re: [fsf-community-team] Gnome Dev suggests Split from GNU?

From: Holmes Wilson
Subject: Re: [fsf-community-team] Gnome Dev suggests Split from GNU?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:20:39 -0500

I think this discussion is fine in and of itself, but for now we (that is, the Community Team) should hold off on weighing in on articles that are this internal to the free software world, for two reasons.

1) They're the hardest things to do well (require a lot of tact, etc) so it makes sense to hone our process and our positions on easier tasks.

2) Slashdot is going to have a looong debate about something like this, one that might not even leave much room to add anything.

It'll probably also save us lots of internal debate that while good might be a distraction at this point. Let's focus on the easy stuff first.

-H