Re: [fsf-community-team] Qi Huang

From: Simon Bridge
Subject: Re: [fsf-community-team] Qi Huang
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:44:57 +1300

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 22:37 +0800, galen wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I wrote an article about FSF Community Team on Osss.cn. The link
> follows below:

Well done.

Note: I got this twice. Once from Qi Huang and once from Galen, both
@osss.cn etc.

I have had a lot of support requests in the past from china but that has
fallen off - presumably chinese locales are better supported now?

I've also been in the position of being online to someone in Beijing
*when* they were arrested - something about underground internet cafes.
This was a while ago but it humbled me to realize that there are people
I'm helping around the World who risk arrest for what I take for granted
down here near the antarctic.

Hopefully the situation has improved.

In the past, software freedom movements in China has been hampered by
easy access to bootleg Windows OS and/or very cheap licenses. What is
the situation these days?