[fsf-community-team] Free Software in Education Re: Our approach

From: Simon Bridge
Subject: [fsf-community-team] Free Software in Education Re: Our approach
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 14:30:35 +1300

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 17:05 -0800, Edward Cherlin wrote:
> Let's talk about our approach to various sorts of issue. For example,
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/04/open_source_america_lobbies_government/

http://www.hbclinux.net.nz/blog/apa-article.pdf
... this is a lit-review I did as a term paper towards a Master of
Education Degree - covers free software in education.

I have a thesis proposal in the works for this area as several NZ
secondary schools have adopted varying implementations of free and open
source software... something that has been more of a community
college/university thing so far.

Curiously, NZ Universities faculties of education universally use mac
software and distribute documentation using proprietary formats. This
despite lip service given to solving digital divide issues and
accessibility...