fsedu-developers

Re: [Fsedu-developers] FreeSoftwareInEducation

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [Fsedu-developers] FreeSoftwareInEducation
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 09:06:52 -0800 (PST)

--- chrismo <address@hidden> wrote:

> they said its policy and I don't have a choice
This is typical. You should look into the contract that they have with
MS. Who approved it, and who is benefiting from it.

Attack the root of the problem  : greed and control.

> I don't want to be part of the blocking problem so I don't know
whether its  worth persuing that. They will say I quit and sweep the
whole issue under the  carpet which is not true. On the 2nd Dec 04 my
boss at the normal high school agreed to allow us to create a Gnu Linux
project but classroom space is at a premium, so it may be a small
project.

So they are allowing you to teach it ?

> I was hoping there's an honorary way for me to join the fsf or fsedu

You can join the fsedu immediatly. there is lots to do with little
chance of pay.

> successful will allow me to further my own education and work without
> having to compromise my ethical views.

That is my goal as well.

> I look forward to your advice and hopefully can keep the momentum
> going for this project.

Thanks. I look forward to getting this project back on track.

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/