fsedu-developers

[Fsedu-developers] Why schools should use exclusively free software

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [Fsedu-developers] Why schools should use exclusively free software
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:32:47 +0100 (CET)

Dear all,
I just wanted to point out that RMS has seemed to have taken up some
of the FSEDU goals, even if he does not mention us.

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/schools.html

He told me he would meet with redhat about the academy, but has broken
off contact to me since. Does anyone of you converse with him? Can you
find out about htis?

Anyway, another issue that I do not see addressed is the rights of the
student, and the bill of rights.

My argument is :

People have the right to use free software untill they have that taken
away from them or sell that right.

I think that could be built into an overview of licenses and show the
breaking point where your natural rights are taken away.

mike