fsedu-developers

[Fsedu-developers] Re: RFC for Free software consent based content mange

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: [Fsedu-developers] Re: RFC for Free software consent based content mangement
Date: 14 Aug 2003 19:10:29 -0500

James Michael DuPont <address@hidden> writes:

> Their argument is that it is not possible to protect their content
> without taking away the rights of the students.

If that is their argument, they are quite correct.  In fact, it is
silly to separate these concepts.

"Protecting" (i.e., restricting) content, in this context, **IS**
taking away the rights of the students.

> I think such an consent based content management is much saner than
> using non-free file formats and non-free software.

I think the fact that "content management" requires non-free file
formats and software means that there is more to discourage people
from using "managed content", and therefore more to discourage people
from "managing" content in the first place.  This is a good thing.

--
Stephen Compall or s11 or sirian

To err is human, to purr feline.
To err is human, two curs canine.
To err is human, to moo bovine.

fissionable terrorist chameleon man USCODE fraud MILSATCOM infowar
warfare genetic military $400 million in gold bullion counter
terrorism Crowell secure Centro