fsedu-developers

Re: [Fsedu-developers] academic teaching staff, accountants, and the mar

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [Fsedu-developers] academic teaching staff, accountants, and the marketing monkey
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 19:51:06 -0700 (PDT)

--- Stephen Compall <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ducttape wrote:
> > By now you have scared off your academic teaching staff, annoyed
> > your accountants and made the marketing monkey phone MS.
>
> I assume that you are referring to fsedu.  If we had any of these at
> the moment, you would probably be right.
>
> I don't think the accountants are who we're worried about scaring
> off.
> Accountants don't play the game, they only keep score.
>
> As for catching 100%, I don't think that's so important as simply
> making some degree of improvement.  Certainly, that is a *goal*.  But
> a perfect society is also a goal of society.  It probably cannot ever
> be reached, but that should not stop anyone from striving for it.

Well All the non freaks i have shown this page to have aggreed that it
needs MAJOR work. It is not understandable to anyone outside of the
GNUSphere.

If the fsedu project will educate anyone at all, it will educate these
people in the following order :

1. Free software developers to speak to normal people.
2. Normal people about free software.
3. Normal people about how to use a wiki

Only when the fsedu wiki is advanced enought to these humble goals,
then can we get more help....

Also we need to start translating this stuff, and that means pruning
and reviewing. I think an XML export is the next step.

BTW : I have started on the WIKI webservice interface :
http://demo.dotgnu.org/rdfwiki.dgmx
and source code
http://demo.dotgnu.org/~mdupont/wiki/

Basically the idea is to modify the wiki that it will broadcast all the
changes to the demo.dotgnu.org wiki webservice. we can then pick up on
all the changes there....

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont