fsedu-developers

Re: [Fsedu-developers] FSEDU RDF web

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [Fsedu-developers] FSEDU RDF web
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 06:20:56 -0700 (PDT)

--- Peter Minten <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> the internals of FSEDU are very dependant on RDF. It's RDF in which
> the
> Curriculum is stored, it's RDF in which book information is stored,
> it's RDF in
> which school information is stored, etc. That's why it's a good idea
> to start
> planning the RDF straight away.
>
> I'm taking the approach of starting with a part of the web that I
> have pretty
> much worked out and then expanding into other parts. Note that
> properties
> starting with _ are backlinkers, they are used to create double
> references (from
> A to B and from B to A), _ is only used for backlinkers within one
> class.

> CLASS Topic
>   Name --> String
>   ShortDescription --> String
>   LongDescription --> String
>   Courses --> Course
> END CLASS
We need topicmap.org like topic hierarchies.

> CLASS PackageDownload
>   Package --> Package //Backlink
>   WinSrc --> String
>   WinBin --> String
>   MacSrc --> String
>   MacBin --> String
>   MdkSrc --> String
>   MdkBin --> String
>   RHSrc --> String
>   RHBin --> String
>   SuSeSrc --> String
>   SuSeBin --> String
>   DebSrc --> String
>   DebBin --> String
> END CLASS

class FileType
        getName()
end class

class File
        FileType & rFileType;
        FileName String;
end class

class FileList
        Collection<File> File
end class

class Package
        PackageType Ref;
        FileList Files;
END CLASS

CLASS PackageType
        Name -->String
        GetSourcePackage()->File.
        GetSourcePackageDescription()->File
        GetPackageDescription()->File
        GetPackage()->File
END CLASS

> PS: Could somebody please modify the Redland SWIG file so that the
> Ruby
> interface uses OO? I'm simply too busy to do this myself. This is
> something on
> the critical path to Forum completion btw.

What version are you using? I dont know about the RUBY stuff yet.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/