fsedu-developers

[Fsedu-developers] FSEDU RDF web

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [Fsedu-developers] FSEDU RDF web
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 19:06:14 +0200

Hi folks,

the internals of FSEDU are very dependant on RDF. It's RDF in which the
Curriculum is stored, it's RDF in which book information is stored, it's RDF in
which school information is stored, etc. That's why it's a good idea to start
planning the RDF straight away.

I'm taking the approach of starting with a part of the web that I have pretty
much worked out and then expanding into other parts. Note that properties
starting with _ are backlinkers, they are used to create double references (from
A to B and from B to A), _ is only used for backlinkers within one class.

CLASS Course:
  Name --> String
  ShortDescription --> String
  LongDescription --> String
  Dependencies (bag) --> Course //What should be done before this course?
  _Dependencies (bag) --> Course
  Topics (bag) --> Topic
  Directions (bag) --> Direction
  Books (bag) --> Book
  Packages (bag) --> Package
END CLASS

CLASS Topic
  Name --> String
  ShortDescription --> String
  LongDescription --> String
  Courses --> Course
END CLASS

CLASS Direction
  Name --> String
  ShortDescription --> String
  LongDescription --> String
  Courses --> Course
END CLASS

CLASS Book
  Name --> String
  ShortDescription --> String
  LongDescription --> String
  Version --> String
  Download --> BookDownload
  Courses (bag) --> Course //Backlink
END CLASS

CLASS Package
  Name --> String
  ShortDescription --> String
  LongDescription --> String
  Dependencies (bag) --> Package //What package does this package depend on?
  _Dependencies (bag) --> Package
  Version --> String
  Download --> PackageDownload
  Courses (bag) --> Course //Backlink
END CLASS

CLASS BookDownload
  Book --> Book     //Backlink
  Src --> String    //Source of book
  Info --> String
  PDF --> String
  PS --> String
END CLASS

CLASS PackageDownload
  Package --> Package //Backlink
  WinSrc --> String
  WinBin --> String
  MacSrc --> String
  MacBin --> String
  MdkSrc --> String
  MdkBin --> String
  RHSrc --> String
  RHBin --> String
  SuSeSrc --> String
  SuSeBin --> String
  DebSrc --> String
  DebBin --> String
END CLASS

Well, this is of course just a start, but it should yet you an idea ;-).

Greetings,

Peter

PS: Could somebody please modify the Redland SWIG file so that the Ruby
interface uses OO? I'm simply too busy to do this myself. This is something on
the critical path to Forum completion btw.