fsedu-developers

[Fsedu-developers] FS education supporting system

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [Fsedu-developers] FS education supporting system
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:38:58 +0100

Hi folks,

it's not enough to tell schools: use Free Software, it's the Right Thing. We
must also help them with that. One example of helping is developing educational
materials (books) that schools can base their lessons on. Another example is
offering challenges for lessons.

With challenges I mean something like: create an application that will copy
files from one location to another using TCP. We could support the challenges
with some documentation (a challenge document). The challenges could range from
really simple things like recreating one of the basic OS utilities to creating a
new frontend for pnet.

Maybe it would be possible to get some FS projects to post some of their
not-so-important TODO's as challenges, that would work two ways. The FS projects
would get TODO's done and possibly the contributors will stay in the project
after the challenge is done and the students would get real-life experience.

Greetings,

Peter