fsedu-developers

[Fsedu-developers] RDF structuring

From: Peter Minten
Subject: [Fsedu-developers] RDF structuring
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:04:20 +0100

Hi folks,

we currently have a wiki to store complex interlinked information. It's not very
good for storing more structured interlinked information though. Would it be
feasible to create an RDF web for storing more complex information?

In the future if everything goes right we will have a lot of chapters,
contributors, committees, tasks, plans, proposals, etc. If we store this in the
wiki it's going to be an awful mess. If we store it in text files it's not
interlinked. Either way searching and extracting meaningful information (like
the number of contributors that are active in certain chapters) will be a pain.
If we store this kind of information in a RDF web however this would be much
easier. An added advantage would be that the RDF will be visualisable using the
RDF viewer/editor developed for Forum.

Greetings,

Peter