Re: Subpixel offset for glyphs rendering

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Subpixel offset for glyphs rendering
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 15:59:56 +0000 (UTC)

> I'm using FT_Outline_Translate(), though I'm still not sure if I'm
> supposed to pass the translation vector as pixels or font units.

Pixels (in 26.6 format), since `FT_Load_Glyph` converts the glyph from
the font space to the user device space (except if you specify
`FT_LOAD_NO_SCALE`).

> My target is to reach a completely linear layout. I'm very close,
> some letters are still jumping around when there is more than 1
> emoji on the same line.

It's hard to say where the problem comes from...

> What do you think of my approach so far?  Do you see any room for
> improvement?

Regarding OpenGL I can't give any advice since I don't know this
framework, sorry.  Maybe others can chime in.