Re: Does Freetype work best with gamma 2.2, and how does it interact wit

From: Allan Sandfeld Jensen
Subject: Re: Does Freetype work best with gamma 2.2, and how does it interact with KDE gamma setting?
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 12:29:18 +0200

Qt5 uses a gamma of 1.7 for text rendering on X11.

The KDE gamma slider is an effect on the whole screen, not how elements are
blended together inside singular apps.

Not sure there is any other place we could read an expected gamma from on
Linux, the only other source is using real gamma from monitors EDID, but that
would result in a much higher gamma and lighter text, probably not fitting
user expectations. Though perhaps we ought to have a switch allowing users
to use real numbers instead of simulating traditional mistakes.

Allan