Re: ttfautohint's functionality from the removal of the infinality patch

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: ttfautohint's functionality from the removal of the infinality patch
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 23:41:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Sunday, 20 August 2023 at 18:28:54 BST, Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com> wrote:

> Since almost all new fonts are vf, I'm no longer seeing ttfautohint in common usage, but I don't think it's effected by this.

That's not necessarily true - people with poorer monitors are also likely to be less technically competent, and therefore unlikely to ever actually report any issues.

(I am just saying that, it is actually quite dangerous and partial for people with expensive high-def monitors to decide what is and what isn't "generally" relevant ...)