Re: skeletal makefile for ftinspect (Re: Future of autotools)

From: Hugh McMaster
Subject: Re: skeletal makefile for ftinspect (Re: Future of autotools)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 09:21:28 +1000

On Fri, 14 Jul 2023 at 00:49, suzuki toshiya wrote:
> The pkg-config interface should take care of everything easily. Debian and Ubuntu have the relevant qt5 pkg-config files. Other distributions should too.

Does pkg-config give the information for the pathname of moc?
(the original question by Hin-Tak was asking about the
appropriate path to use moc command)

In my understanding, pkg-config is primarily designed to
provide the information to compile & link the libraries,
not designed to provide the information about the binary
executable commands.

Extra information beyond the standard prefix, sysconfdir, libdir etc. is package dependent.

In this case, Qt5Core.pc has a variable that provides the path to a directory containing binaries such as moc.