Re: any small software to test the incremental loading feature?

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: any small software to test the incremental loading feature?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 17:07:50 +0900

Dear Werner,

Ah, I need more time to propose deprecating or removing
the incremental loading feature in the t1cid driver.

But there is room for improvement in this feature's
documentation (or a tutorial). Just I've written to
the ghostscript-devel mailing list and asked whether
GhostScript has never been used and will never use.

If they never use it, it may be possible to define our
use case to clarify what we tested. Even if we decide
to remove it in the future release, the "disabled-by-default"
might be an appropriate next step.

Anyway, for the improvement of FT_Get_CID_From_Glyph_Index(),
I understand that there would be no urgent requirement to
modify the part of the incremental loading. It is helpful
information for me.

Regards,
mpsuzuki