Re: [Freetype-devel] Difference in rendering

From: Moazin K
Subject: Re: [Freetype-devel] Difference in rendering
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 16:11:43 +0500

Hi Sarthak,

I believe you misunderstood me, I meant I have a program for highlighting differences in images, I wanted to test what would happen in a regression scenario, so wanted to know how to create a regression/difference in freetype's rendering output.

If all you want to do here is test your program that highlights differences in images, just write some code to manipulate the bitmap rendered by FreeType. You don't have to write it in FreeType, since it doesn't matter. You can for example iterate through all of the pixels and randomly manipulate some of the "inked" pixels.

Best,
Moazin