Re: new release?

From: Anuj Verma
Subject: Re: new release?
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 19:11:30 +0530

Hello Werner, Alexei,

Apologies for not replying earlier.

We have already discussed 8 Bit SDF earlier and I agree that 8 Bits is
enough for producing acceptable interpolation for rendering. Here is the
mail for your reference: https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2020-12/msg00042.html

Back then I was waiting for others opinion and did not add this to the renderers
however, if everyone agrees now I'll prepare a patch to remove 16 Bit support and
only allow 8 Bit SDF. It will conserve memory and also eliminate the endiness issue
that you mentioned earlier.

Thanks,
Anuj