Re: The TrueType rendering accuracy nightmare

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: The TrueType rendering accuracy nightmare
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 22:26:06 +0200

That's actually great feedback, thanks Piotr, we'll have a look.

Le dim. 17 mai 2020 à 20:47, Alexei Podtelezhnikov <address@hidden> a écrit :
>> From the image, it is evident that both FreeType and TD renderer (my own renderer that relies on FreeType but uses my own rasterizer, https://typedesign.netlify.app/tdrenderer.html) are extremely glitchy. It is very important to take research into TrueType rendering to properly simulate the Microsoft bilevel renderer because it would help render fonts correctly. The immense complexity of FreeType's rasterizer is still not enough. What a nightmare!
>>
> What are we supposed to answer to your post exactly?

In Piotr's defense, he is much more constructive in his bug reporting.
I does look that he identified and helped with:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?58373 where the borderline
pixels on horizontal stems are not turned on
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?58352 where rounding in
bytecode seems to be off by 1.

Alexei