Re: GSOC - Distance Fields

From: Anuj Verma
Subject: Re: GSOC - Distance Fields
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 19:53:10 +0530

Hello Alexi, Suzuki,

I can't decide which format to use for storing the SDF(signed distance fields). I think using floating-point values (fixed-point in this case) for generation will be more accurate than using integer, but then saving the SDF to a file will require a conversion.
So there can be few things,
* Generate the SDF in floating-point values and then do a conversion while saving. (also a new pixel mode has to be added for this)
* Generate the SDF in some other format which can be saved directly (e.g. unsigned byte). This will reduce the accuracy.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Anuj