Re: [ft-devel] GSOC 2019

From: armin
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] GSOC 2019
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 09:46:02 -0000

> Hello Shibajyoti!

Hi Shibajyoti :)

Sorry for being somewhat late to this discussion,

>> My name is Shibajyoti Debbarma, Pre-Final Year Engineering Student
>> from India, looking forward to contribute to the Freetype Project
>> "Replace FreeType's tracing and debugging facilities with an external
>> logging library".  I have proficiency in C and C++ languages so can
>> anybody kindly guide me how to get started and any suggestions for me.
>
> Please go back to FreeType's GSoC page at
>
>   https://www.freetype.org/gsoc.html
>
> and read the paragraph at the top printed in red.
>
> I urge you to also read the GSoC student guide
>
>   https://google.github.io/gsocguides/student/

just a quick additional hint:  there has also been a lengthy discussion in
the devel mailing list two or three weeks ago that addressed quite a few
details about the community aspect of the new logging/tracing framework.
That discussion ultimately led to updating
https://www.freetype.org/gsoc.html.  You definitely want to check out that
as well :)

Best Armin