freetalk-dev

Re: [Freetalk-dev] Reconnect on Hangup?

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: Re: [Freetalk-dev] Reconnect on Hangup?
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:05:02 -0700

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Justin Forest <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello.

Is that possible to automatically reconnect to the server?  I've read
the list archives, experimented with the hooks, but I can't get
anywhere.  The problem is that if I call ft-connect from inside the
ft-disconnect-hook, it just says "Already connected".

In src/callbacks.cc I see that connection status is set to FT_DEAD
only after the hook is called.

Is there a way to reconnect without modifying the source code?

--
Justin Forest
http://umonkey.net/

Hi Justin, I think it makes sense to implement auto-reconnect properly at the C socket code level.

--
Anand Babu Periasamy
Blog [http://www.unlocksmith.org]

Imagination is more important than knowledge --Albert Einstein