freetalk-dev

[Freetalk-dev] connect to two jabber servers

From: Matthias Teege
Subject: [Freetalk-dev] connect to two jabber servers
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:39:35 +0200

Moin,

sometimes I have to connect to different jabber servers at the same
time. I put both configurations in my freetalk.scm and try to select
the right one with the "-j" command line option.

My freetalk.scm looks like this:

(cond
 ((equal? "address@hidden" (ft-get-jid))
  ((ft-set-jid! "address@hidden")
   (ft-set-server! "jabber.org")
   (ft-set-password! "pass")
   (ft-set-sslconn! #t)
   (ft-set-proxy! #f)
   (ft-set-port! 5223)
   (add-hook! ft-login-hook
           (lambda (status)
             (if status
                 (begin
                   (ft-set-prompt! "~\\/~ ")
                   (ft-set-status-msg! "on")))))))
 ((equal? "address@hidden" (ft-get-jid))
  ((ft-set-jid! "address@hidden")
   (ft-set-server! "other.org")
   (ft-set-password! "pass")
   (ft-set-sslconn! #t)
   (ft-set-proxy! #f)
   (ft-set-port! 5223)
   (add-hook! ft-login-hook
           (lambda (status)
             (if status
                 (begin
                   (ft-set-prompt! "~\\/~ ")
                   (ft-set-status-msg! "on"))))))))

If I call freetalk with "freetalk -j address@hidden" it asks for an
passwort. How can I select a configuration from the command line?

Btw. If I have to change a config file like beep.scm, do I
have to copy all files from the global extensions folder to my
$HOME/.freetalk/extensions or only beep.scm?

Many thanks
Matthias