freeon-users

Re: [Freeon-users] freeon documentation

From: Jose R. Valverde
Subject: Re: [Freeon-users] freeon documentation
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 12:13:06 +0200

Hi Gao,

        now that you have it running (at least mostly), I think it is
time for you to get acquainted with the package. Personally, I tend to
deal with many tools simultaneously, and in several fields, so I am
prone to forget the details.

        That is why I usually try to automate work as much as possible.

        So, I am producing here two trivial scripts that may help you.
Both are to be called from the same directory as the configuration
file.

        mondo.sh config.inp

        I wrote this one so output data would not clobber directories,
it creates a subdirectory and runs the calculation inside it.

        fon file.xyz calculation

        Then, as I forget details, I created this one: it takes an
XYZ file and a computation to perform and generates the configuration
file in a subdirectory, running FreeON on it.

        The trick is simple: it combines a template for the computation
taken from a special directory where I store them and combines it with
the XYZ file.

I usually store the scripts in $FREEON_HOME/sh and the templates in
$FREEON_HOME/templates

Both could benefit from additional tweaking, and I'll likely do eventually.
I hope someone finds them useful.

--
                        EMBnet/CNB
                Scientific Computing Service