freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] Get BMC firmware version with freeipmi

From: FRANK Michael
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Get BMC firmware version with freeipmi
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 15:57:40 +0000

Hello Albert,

Thank you for your reply.
Am I correct that " Firmware Revision     : 1.90" is the FW of the BMC and
"IPMI Version          : 2.0" means that the BC speaks only 'LAN_2_0'?

Device ID             : 32
Device Revision       : 0
Device SDRs           : unsupported
Firmware Revision     : 1.90
Device Available      : yes (normal operation)
IPMI Version          : 2.0
Sensor Device         : supported
SDR Repository Device : supported
SEL Device            : supported
FRU Inventory Device  : supported
IPMB Event Receiver   : supported
IPMB Event Generator  : supported
Bridge                : unsupported
Chassis Device        : supported
Manufacturer ID       : Lenovo Group (19046)
Product ID            : 1087

GUID : cfb6540a-d37e-9b92-e811-74376f4b4774

System Firmware Version       :
System Name                   : xxxx.
Primary Operating System Name :
Channel Information

Channel Number       : 0
Medium Type          : IPMB (I2C)
Protocol Type        : IPMB-1.0
Active Session Count : 0
Session Support      : session-less
Vendor ID            : Intelligent Platform Management Interface forum (7154)

Channel Number       : 1
Medium Type          : 802.3 LAN
Protocol Type        : IPMB-1.0
Active Session Count : 1
Session Support      : multi-session
Vendor ID            : Intelligent Platform Management Interface forum (7154)

Channel Number       : 2
Medium Type          : Asynch. Serial/Modem (RS-232)
Protocol Type        : IPMB-1.0
Active Session Count : 0
Session Support      : single-session
Vendor ID            : Intelligent Platform Management Interface forum (7154)

Channel Number       : 3
Medium Type          : System Interface (KCS, SMIC, or BT)
Protocol Type        : KCS
Active Session Count : 0
Session Support      : session-less
Vendor ID            : Intelligent Platform Management Interface forum (7154)

Channel Number       : 4