freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] Supermicro X9SCL-F ipmi-dcmi Bad completion code

From: Ihsan Junaidi Ibrahim
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Supermicro X9SCL-F ipmi-dcmi Bad completion code
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:53:15 +0800

Hi Albert,

This is what I'm getting when I get the DCMI caps. Does this falls under
power monitoring support?

sv02-kul # ipmi-dcmi  --get-dcmi-capability-info
DCMI Specification Conformance                     : 1.1

Identification Support                             : Compliant with DCMI
Specification
SEL logging                                        : Compliant with DCMI
Specification
Chassis Power                                      : Compliant with DCMI
Specification
Temperature Monitor                                : Compliant with DCMI
Specification
Power Management / Monitoring Support              : Not present
In-band System Interface Channel                   : Available
Serial TMODE                                       : Not present
Out-Of-Band Secondary LAN Channel                  : Not present
Out-Of-Band Primary LAN Channel                    : Available
SOL                                                : Available
VLAN                                               : Available

Number of SEL entries                              : 512
SEL automatic rollover                             : Not present
GUID                                               : Available
DHCP Host Name                                     : Not present
Asset Tag                                          : Available
Inlet temperature                                  : At least 1 present
Processors temperature                             : At least 1 present
Baseboard temperature                              : At least 1 present

Power Management Device Slave Address              : 10h
Power Management Controller Device Revision        : 1
Power Management Controller Channel Number         : 0

Primary LAN Out-of-band Channel Number             : 1
Secondary LAN Out-of-band Channel Number           : Not supported
Serial Out-of-band TMODE Capability Channel Number : Not supported
nsv02-kul # ipmi-dcmi --get-system-power-statistics --debug
Group Extension - Get Power Reading Request
[               2h] = cmd[ 8b]
[              DCh] = group_extension_identification[ 8b]
[               1h] = mode[ 8b]
[               0h] = mode_attributes[ 8b]
[               0h] = reserved[ 8b]
Group Extension - Get Power Reading Response
[               2h] = cmd[ 8b]
[              C1h] = comp_code[ 8b]
ipmi_cmd_dcmi_get_power_reading: bad completion code

Thank you for your time,
Ihsan Junaidi Ibrahim