freeipmi-devel

FreeIPMI release without checking for root?

From: Emily Corser
Subject: FreeIPMI release without checking for root?
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 17:47:32 +1000

Hi FreeIPMI Team,

I am wondering if any of the freeipmi releases have the dont check for root flag set? I need to install the package via apt, so unfortunately compiling from source will not work for our particular use case. Due to some strict permissions, we cannot run the command with sudo however I can change the permissions of /dev/ipmi0 to avoid lower level failures.

Thanks very much for any help you can provide!

Kind regards,
Emily

--

Emily Corser
Robotics Engineer - Built Robotics Australia

Built Robotics

Robots that build the world

This email and any attachments may contain private, confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately delete this email and any attachments.