freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Set Boot Device Parameter in ipmi-chassis-config

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Set Boot Device Parameter in ipmi-chassis-config
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:34:56 -0800

Hey Holger,

By SVN Version, I assume you mean the head trunk, not the 0-8-0 stable
branch?

The primary differences between 0.8.10 and trunk is my call to "BMC boot
flag valid bit clearing" (param 3 as you describe below).  My
recollection about this section is a little hazy, but I believe you want
to call this command so that boot parameters are permanently stored
(rather than being cleared after a reboot).  Is this the side affect
you're witnessing?

Since this was a semi-big change, I decided not to backport it.
However, if you guys need it, I can go ahead and backport it into the
stable branch and release with the next version.

Al