freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] Re: Another FreeIPMI beta w/ BMC watchdog workaround fo

From: Dave Love
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Another FreeIPMI beta w/ BMC watchdog workaround for Sun machines
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 16:11:53 +0100

Frank Steiner <address@hidden> writes:

> sorry, I was away, but I'm going to test the new beta now. During my
> absense the Sun X4100M2 produced two strange things:

For what it's worth, the beta has been running OK on my x4500 for about
a week now with no restarts.

> Btw, Sun first refused to develop a firmware update for the X4100M2 because
> it is EOL, but due to our 5-year-support warranty they are forced to do so ;-)

I wish we could get that sort of response -- despite our maintenance
contract -- though our main issues are with ELOM.  Now I wonder if it's
possible to get the ILOM bugs fixed which require the freeipmi
workarounds.