freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] GNU FreeIPMI 0.2.0-beta0 RELEASE

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] GNU FreeIPMI 0.2.0-beta0 RELEASE
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 10:18:27 -0800

Hi Ab and Bala,

I found two issues in this tag.

1)

When I run autogen.sh on RHEL4 I get:

doc/Makefile.am: `version.texi', included in `freeipmi-faq.texi', also
included in `freeipmi.texi'

I'll leave this for you guys on how you want to deal with this, since
I'm not quite sure what you were trying to do.  I just removed the
"version.texi" includes in both of the problem files to temporarily get
by the problem for testing.

2)

Could future beta versions not have a dash ('-') in them.  It messes up
rpm version numbering (i.e. rpm inserts the '-' and gets confused with
there is already a '-' in it).  So perhaps in the future use versions
"0.2.0beta0" instead of "0.2.0-beta0".  This would only have to be
changed in the configure.ac file.  We can still tag in CVS however we want.

Just for everyone's information, the RPM spec file is now fixed up for
release with all the appropriate new files and such.  'bmc-info' has
been moved from the 'fish' package into the 'utils' package since it is
its own individual tool now.  'ipmi-locate' and 'ipmi-raw' are in the
utils package too.

Thanks,
Al

--