freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] [Marcio Saito <address@hidden>] Open Source IPMI Summit

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] [Marcio Saito <address@hidden>] Open Source IPMI Summit - moved to Santa Clara
Date: 30 Aug 2004 08:59:21 -0700

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Open Source IPMI Summit - moved to Santa Clara Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:35:13 -0700 User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4.2) Gecko/20040220
Hello.

This is an update on the "Open Source IPMI Summit" meeting. We are
looking forward to a very productive meeting, with more interest and
participation that we have initially expected.

Also, thanks for your understanding on moving the meeting from
Philadelphia to the Bay Area. Special thanks to Corey and Duncan, who
had already made travel arrangements to Philadelphia.

I'll be updating this message periodically. The place, date and time are
fixed and won't change, so you can make travel arrangements.

1) Objective

This meeting congregates IPMI developers and companies commited to
implementing an Open Source IPMI stack that is robust, complete,
platform- and vendor-independent. The objective is to coordinate and
consolidate efforts to avoid duplication and to speed the development
and adoption of Open Source IPMI.

2) Logistics

Where: (could still change hotel, but it will be in the south bay)
        Marriot Santa Clara Silicon Valley
        Santa Clara, CA
        2700 Mission College Boulevard
        Santa Clara, CA 95054 USA
        Phone: 1 408-988-1500
        Fax: 1 408-352-4353

When:
        Thursday, Sep 16th, 2004
        8:00AM to 4:30PM

Meeting Room and meals are provided.

3) Attendees

- Tom Slaight, Intel, Chair IPMI
- Arnaldo Zimmermann, Cyclades, Lead Developer
- Daniela Squassoni, Cyclades, IPMI Developer
- Nestor Melo, Cyclades, IPMI Developer
- Corey Minyard, Montavista, OpenIPMI Lead Developer
- Duncan Laurie, ipmitools Developer
- Michael Kalodrich, Supermicro
- Al Chu, Lawrence Livermore National Labs, IPMI Developer
- Jeremy Ellington, Newisys
- Bob, Blair, Newisys
- Ian Zimmerman, California Digital, FreeIPMI Developer

(we still have several maybes)

4) Agenda (just an initial proposal)

07:45 Breakfast
08:30 Openning and introductions
08:45 "The state and future of IPMI", Tom Slaight
09:40 Q&A
10:00 Break
10:15 OpenIPMI introduction, Corey Minyard
10:30 ipmitool introduction, Duncan Laurie
11:00 Freeipmi introduction,
11:15 Open HPI introduction,
11:30 Cyclades, Supermicro, LLNL: IPMI development summary
12:00 Lunch/Discussions
01:30 Open Discussions
03:30 Break
03:45 Actions, Next Steps