freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] sensors regression testing script

From: Joseph Ruscio
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] sensors regression testing script
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 04:06:19 +0000

All,

Please find attached the latest edition of the sensors regression testing
script. It performs some other tests now, including individual querying of
sensors, querying all sensors at once as well as some simple tests of option
formats.

The mode is selected through a single command line argument 0=noninteractive,
1=interactive. In interactive mode you will be prompted to assert that each
result is acceptable. In non-interactive mode all results will just be dumped
to stdout.

The first time you run the script it'll create saved copies of sensors output
that can be used for automatic validation of sensors results in later runs.
If created in non-interactive mode the contents of all valid-<verbosity
level>.txt files should be verified.

This script was created to making my job easier (or at least a little more
interesting ;-). YMMV. If you want to use it and have issues, let me know.

thanks,
Joe
Joseph F. Ruscio
California Digital Corporation