freehoo-devel

Re: [Freehoo-devel] Re: GNU evaluation: Freehoo

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freehoo-devel] Re: GNU evaluation: Freehoo
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 03:01:30 -0800

,----[ Hugo Gayosso <address@hidden> ]
| >> Instead of adding Jabber support to Freehoo, It is easier to write
| >> a separate Jabber client. I feel it is much more important for me
| >> to go ahead and finish my FreeIPMI Platform Management System and
| >> RPCI (RPC Interpose - framework for trace/replay, hdb (ipc
| >> debugger), sandbox...) for GNU/Hurd.
| >
| Yes, it sounds like FreeIPMI is something more important as there are
| other Free IM clients out there that already cover the need.
`----
Absolutely!

,----[ Hugo Gayosso <address@hidden> ]
| >> I think it is OK to leave Freehoo under non-gnu category and keep
| >> The GNU System clean.
| >
| Ok, thanks for your feedback, I will go ahead and close the
| evaluation.
`----
Thanks.

,----[ Hugo Gayosso <address@hidden> ]
| I will be looking forward for when you submit the request FreeIPMI,
| hopefully we will not have such a bad turnaround time.
`----
Recently we made significant progress in the FreeIPMI project.
Finished KCS, SMIC and LAN drivers (all from user-space). Had a third
code revision addressing portability issues. Now works for IA64
architecture too.  Hoping to make a public release in one month.

--
 _.|_
(_||_)