freehoo-devel

[Freehoo-devel] Re: Freehoo/Debian

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freehoo-devel] Re: Freehoo/Debian
Date: 24 Sep 2003 12:09:08 -0700

Hi Gopal,

,---- Gopal Narayanan <address@hidden> writes:
| Yes, freehoo is part of debian unstable now. And gnuyahoo is a dummy
| package that depends on freehoo.
`----
Cool, I'm now able to see in the package listing.

,----
| I would have rather liked it better, if freehoo had not included
| libyahoo2 within its source tree. I maintain the libyahoo2 debian
| package, and it thinks it makes sense to compile it in to load
| dynamically, instead of statically as is done now. Also, the default
| make install in freehoo, installs libyahoo2 stuff as well, despite
| freehoo only being statically linked with libyahoo2.
`----
I really wanted to have it that way. But libyahoo2 authors asked us
to include libyhaoo2 into the source and thats how they themselves do
with GTKYahoo. I was not able to keep track of libyahoo2 versioning
and simply obeyed their wishes ;)

If you say yes, I will remove libyahoo2 from the source.

Regards.
Gopal.
--
Gopal Narayanan <address@hidden> <address@hidden>