[Freebangfont-devel] test versions of Likhan

From: Deepayan Sarkar
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] test versions of Likhan
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 06:07:20 +0100

Hi,

I have put up new copies of Likhan generated using a recent version of
pfaedit, at

http://franz.stat.wisc.edu/~deepayan/Bengali/WebPage/Font/Likhan/

I think this fixes an earlier problem on Windows. I would appreciate it if
people could test them (both) out on Windows as well as GNU/Linux.

Other than the regular ttf, there's also an otf file (which is basically the
same but with cubic outlines instead of quadratic). Since Likhan is
internally defined by cubic outlines (and the ttf is generated by an
approximation algorithm converting those outlines to quadratic), it is
desirable in the long run to not bother with the ttf at all. Qt seems to work
just fine with the otf, unfortunately, pango doesn't. Any idea why ?

Deepayan